Monday, June 17, 2013

Too-Te-Ta

This week we have 3 teams in town so it will be pretty crazy! A high school/college group from HPPC came on Saturday… it was good to see some familiar faces and even better that they brought me some things I’d forgotten and a surprise package from my bible study! It made my night to read all of the notes and words of encouragement they had sent me! I was able to work with the Highland Park group on Saturday at Cite Soleil. We painted some of the rooms and ceilings that will be the vocational school and the dental clinic when they are finished. This was a project that we started in March when I came last time and is almost finished. Like I had mentioned earlier, it is really exciting to see the progress being made on all of these projects!


We went to church yesterday at Cite Soleil and heard a very energetic preacher speak about the importance of the father in a family! Even though it wasn’t Father’s Day in Haiti, it was timed quite perfectly for the few Americans in the crowd! Just another reminder of how thankful and beyond blessed I am to have a spiritual role model and lifelong supporter like my dad. So a very Happy Belated Father’s Day to Buz/Daddio!!! I love you so much! In the afternoon, a group visiting from North Carolina invited us to go to the beach with them. We went to a beach called “Obama Beach Hotel.” For those of you who know my family or me, you know this was a challenge, but I did enjoy a nice meal and some time at the beach, so I guess I can’t complain too much! So mom, that one was for you.

Today (and I hope for the remainder of the week), I worked with an education team from California. They are all teachers or staff members at a Christian Preschool. They are here to work some with the students but predominantly with the teachers. The first 2 ½  hours are spent doing activities with both the students and teachers, and the last 2 ½ hours are just working with the teachers and giving them ideas for their classes. I love all of the teachers and admire how hard they work even during the summer time. They have so much energy and didn’t hesitate to jump right in and get the kids excited about the songs and activities. We started off this morning teaching them “The More We Get Together” and a fun song called “Too-Te-Ta.” The second song was a definite hit with teachers and kids alike! I will share some pictures (and possibly videos if I can figure it out) on the blog! We also read “Brown Bear Brown Bear” by Eric Carle and did a sorting game and a memory game with the animals from the book! I loved their ideas and the kids did too!!!


Not much else to report here…. It’s hot hot hot as usual and busy with all of the groups here!! I really like that I can float between groups and help out where I’m needed, but also pick the activities that interest me most, which often involve working in the schools with the sweet kids!


Mammasita, this picture is taken special just for you: 
 Sweet Clarifina is all better and all smiles:
Ronnie helping with the Brown Bear memory game: 
 PreK kids sorting Brown Bear pictures:
Too-Te-Ta with the group:
 
Jessi and Pastor Leon getting in on the Too-Te-Ta action:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment